DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
ADMINISTRATION CLERK: LABOUR RELATIONS
Human Resources Division, Chief Directorate HR Strategic Direction and Policy, (Directorate Labour and Service Relations), Armscor Building, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria
R132 399 per year, Level 5
- Facilitate the representation of the Department of Defence at the Labour Court. Draft submissions.
- Provide administrative support in all matters in relation to Disputes (i.e. register the case, record into incoming post register, obtain all relevant documentation relating to the matter and draft letters notifying the relevant role players regarding to the dispute.
- Maintain an accurate database and compile reports 5 on disputes.
- Maintain regular statistics on disputes.
- Receive referrals, notice of Setdown for conciliations, arbitrations from GPSSBC, CCMA and Labour Court.
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma in Labour Law.
- A year’s experience in the Public Service within the Labour Relations environment will be an advantage.
- Experience in the following is essential: Research, Investigation and report writing in relation to disputes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legislation governing labour relations and relevant Public Service prescripts.
- Special requirements (skills needed): Demonstrate skills of research, comprehension, analysis and interpretation of Prescripts.
- Good language and communications skills (both verbal and written) Computer literate.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret information and apply relevant prescripts.
- The successful candidate will have to demonstrate reliability, initiative, be flexible and quality orientated.
- Work independently, strong on self-direction, selfstarter with client focussed attitude.
- Ability to function under pressure
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, Directorate Labour & Service Relations, Private Bag X161, Pretoria or may be hand-delivered to the Department of Defence, Armscor Building, Cnr of Nossob and Boeing Street, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria.
Mr L.L. Mdhluli, Tel: (012) 355 5796.
20 November 2015 (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).