Department of Defence
Administration Clerk: Production (Patient Admin)
Institute for Aviation Medicine, Lyttelton
Salary: R123 738 per annum
- Provide sound patient administration support to the institute.
- Capturing information on Medical Mainframe.
- Telecommunication duties such as handle incoming and outgoing telephonic queries from Civil Aviation Authority, Private Aviation Medical Examiners, Private Aircrew and SAAF Aircrew.
- Must be able to perform receptionist duties when necessary.
- Attend training courses to develop own skills.
- Maintain statistics.
- Responsible for computer security in conjunction with Unit Counter Intelligence Officer (UCIO).
- Grade 12 preferable.
- Administration, DOD Mainframe Medical Information System experience will be a recommendation.
- Extended knowledge of the Mainframe Medical Information System (medical classification system.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word).
- Knowledge of digital scanning procedures in the SAMHS.
- Sound patient administration background.
- Good communication (written and verbal), organise, interpersonal relationships-, problem solving-, conflict management-, training- and facilitating skills.
- Knowledge of capturing and microfilming/scanning processes.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of policies and directives.
- Handle repetitive work.
- Team player.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance within a year.
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence and Military Veterans, SAMHS, Institute for Aviation Medicine (IAM), Private Bag X3, Lyttelton. 0140, or may be hand delivered to IAM, cnr North & Lionel Slate Str, Lyttelton, Centurion.
Ms F.A. Bowman, Tel (012) 671 6858
6 March 2015
Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered