Department of Defence
Administration Clerk: Production
Defence Reserves Headquarters, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria
Salary: R123 738 per annum, Level 5
- Render general clerical support services which includes: Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data.
- Handle routine enquiries.
- Make photocopies and receive or send facsimiles.
- Distribute documents/packages to various stakeholders as required.
- Provide supply chain clerical support services: Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services with regards to catering.
- Obtain quotations, complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items.
- Keep and maintain the asset register of the office.
- Provide secretarial duties: Type letters and/or other correspondence when required.
- Keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing document register of the office.
- Arrange travelling and accommodation for Chief Defence Reserves (CDR) and Director Defence Reserves (DDR).
- Management of diaries of CDR and DDR.
- Assist with catering arrangements of official meetings.
- Host the guests of CDR and DDR.
- Serve tea and coffee.
- A minimum of Grade 12 (NQF Level 4) preferable.
- Background knowledge on Reserves will be an advantage.
- Applicants with prior learning, either by means of experience or alternative courses may also apply.
- Special requirements (skills needed): Computer literate.
- Able to communicate efficiently (Verbally and written).
- Analytical-, problem solving-, good planning-, organizational-and good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently.
*How to Apply:
Submit your application to:
Department of Defence, Defence Reserves Division, Private Bag X161, Pretoria 0001 or may be hand delivered at Armscor Building, C/O Nossob Avenue and Boeing Street, Erasmusrand, Pretoria.
WO1 G. Potts, Tel: (012) 355 5317.
22 May 2015 (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).
On the day of the interview, the candidates will do a typing and basic secretarial duties test