DEPARTMENT OF MILITARY VETERANS
R158 985 per year, Level 6
- Provide secretarial support services such as typing of documents, play the role of secretary in meetings, compile and distribute agendas and minutes , receive and routine incoming calls, record and relate messages, operate and ensure that office equipment is in good working order, coordinate and schedule meetings, coordinate the provision of refreshment and water during meetings, follow up with the supervisor regarding scheduled meetings and appointments and manage the cancellation and rescheduling of appointments.
- Provide records management and filling services, ensure the effective flow of information to and from the office, receive and register incoming correspondence, file and safe keep documents in line with the file plan and other relevant regulations and practice, register and distribute outgoing correspondence and maintain the confidentiality of documents.
- Receive clients and visitors, receive and seat visitors, provide refreshment to clients and visitors where necessary, respond to general queries of visitors and manage tidiness of the office.
- Provide administrative and logistical support services, order stationery for the office, serve as a chief user clerk and coordinate the procurement of office supplies, computer consumables and stationery for the office, check invoices for correctness and certify them for payment, coordinate the payment of invoices.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation bookings for personnel in the Directorate, collate and compile reports and any other information as requested, obtain the necessary signatures on documents, scrutinise documents to determine actions, manage the leave register and the submission of leave forms for the office, monitor budget spending for the office in order to note under and over utilisation and collect and coordinate all documents that relate to the budget and funding requirements.
- A national diploma or equivalent tertiary qualification in office management or relevant field is a requirement and minimum of 2 years’ experience at clerical or senior clerical level or as an intern in relevant field.
- Basic organizational skills, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Incumbent must be a lateral thinker with excellent analytical skills, numerical and reporting writing skills, and excellent demonstration of end–user computer skills, Ms Word, Excel, Access and Power 31 Point.
- The incumbent must be able to work independently and in possession of valid driver’s licenses.
*How to Apply:
The Director-General, Department of Military Veterans, Private Bag X943, Pretoria, 0001 or may be hand delivered at corner 328 Festival & Arcadia Streets, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0001.
☎ Tel: (012) 765 9442/ (012) 765 9355
06 May 2016