DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
HSRC Building, Pretoria
R 158 985 per year
- Serve as a Chief User Clerk and facilitate the procurement of resources.
- Support managers in preparing financial plans and reports.
- Administer all logistical arrangements for Directorate which include welcoming visitors/clients and prepare meeting venues and distribution of relevant documentation, checking of invoices for correctness and certify them for payment and making copies and allocate correspondence to relevant officials and other components.
- Process all the relevant claims and distribute salary advices for staff.
- Provide records management services, type documents and track responses.
- Take minutes and make follow-ups on decisions taken during meetings.
- Participate in core functions of the unit (25%) as part of personal development.
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma (or equivalent qualification) plus a minimum of 1 year administration experience.
- Knowledge of relevant Public Service legislation.
- Knowledge of financial, procurement prescripts and procedures.
- Knowledge of document management, tracking and retrieving of information.
Competencies: Communication (written and verbal) skills. Computer literacy. Problem-solving skills. Planning and organising skills. Customer care skills. Office administration.
Attributes: Friendly and trustworthy. Good interpersonal relations. Accurate. Independent. Assertiveness. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure. Adaptive. Confidentiality. Integrity. Discipline.
*How to Apply:
The Director General, Department of Social Development, Private Bag X901, Pretoria, 0001, Physical Address: HSRC Building, 134 Pretorius Street
Ms M Mononela
Tel: 012 312 7417
25 September 2015