NATIONAL SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: ICT ASSETS AND ADMINISTRATION
R183 558 per year, Level 06
Procurement of ICT Assets and Software:
- Source the quotations for ICT assets and software.
- Process the procurement request to supply chain management.
- Send order to the service provider.
- Verify the assets upon delivery in liaison with Asset management to bar code ICT assets when delivered and log a call & complete movement form for the item to be allocated to the user.
- Follow up on the invoice and process for payment.
Processing of ICT Assets repairs:
- Check the warranty of the assets, to determine whether it is under warranty or not.
- Log calls with the relevant service provider for the faulty assets and complete the removal forms.
- Conduct a basic test and verification whether the assets is functional before reallocating to the user.
- Maintenance and control of ICT assets.
- Ensure that both the ICT assets and store rooms are maintained.
- Conduct assets verifications each quarter.
- Identify assets for disposal each quarter.
Draft submission on behalf of the D:
- ICT for the disposal committee for approval of the disposal of assets.
- Coordinate the wiping of information on all assets that are identified for disposal.
- Liaise with SCM on the removal of the items identified for disposal.
- Administer the contract with relevant service provider by tracking the expiry date of the contract and source quotations for upgrades.
- Processing of new ICT Equipment and toners for NSG officials.
- Assist users with non-functional ICT equipment by logging a call with the relevant technician to assess and to provide the necessary advice.
- Log calls for non-functional ICT Equipment with the relevant service provider.
- Process monthly invoices for the ICT equipment usages.
- Liaise with service provider to replace/repair the equipment and provide the necessary technical specifications.
- Follow up with the service provider and if repaired/replaced, to return the equipment to the user after verification by the ICT Technician.
- Administration of new user/official joining NSG.
- Liaise with HR on details of the new official joining NSG.
- Log calls with ICT Technician for the new user to be created on the AD, create an e-mail and for allocation of computer.
- Issue a computer to the relevant technician for issuing.
- Test and issue 3g card to users.
- Administration of officials leaving NSG.
- Liaise with the official leaving NSG for moving/removing of assets to the ICT store room.
- Fill in the forms for the movement.
Other User support:
Booking and maintenance of the ICT training lab.
Remind the D:
ICT of the renewal of ICT related contracts upon expiry of contracts (i.e SITA, Microsoft, Bytes, etc).
In liaison with D: ICT D: Legal and D:
- SCM ensure that contracts are verified, signed off by both parties and filed accordingly in terms of record management principles.
- Track timelines of deliverables as agreed to in the contracts by following up timeously on nearly expired contracts and request if addendums are required.
- Drafting ICT submissions, memorandums and letters.
- Order stationery for the directorate.
- Render administrative support in the directorate.
- Administer and coordinate the compilation of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Co-ordinate the distribution of internal and external documents or information.
- Arrange ICT meetings and ensure proper minute taking and distribution to members.
- Maintenance of incoming and outgoing documents and ensuring that all documents are filled manually and electronically.
- Coordinate ICT awareness campaigns.
- In terms of the departmental employment equity target, priority will be given to African Males.
- Relevant B Degree/equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years administrative experience in asset management/ procurement.
- Administrative skills.
- Personal effectiveness and a high level of self-management.
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of procurement procedures.
- Good understanding of administrative procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of the MS office package in order to assist users.
- Basic understanding of ICT related technical procedures/expertise.
- Good listener.
- Quality work, reliable.
- Team player and taking ownership of problems.
*How to Apply:
National School of Government, Private Bag X759, Pretoria, 0001
FOR ATTENTION : Ms L Raseroka, HR Unit , National School of Government by hand at ZK Matthews Building, 70 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria.
Mr Joseph George Tel no: 012) 441 6219
23 June 2017