DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY AND FISHERIES
ANIMAL IDENTIFICATION CLERK
R171 069 per year
- The incumbent will be responsible to administer the registration and transfer of animal identification marks as per the Animal Identification Act, 2006.
- Provide administration support services in the registration of Animal Identification marks on the national register for Animal Identification marks.
- Receive and process applications for the registration of animal identification marks (ensure that the correct information is attached e.g. proof of payment of the prescribed fees and other relevant documentation).
- Capture information on the relevant register and allocate identification mark.
- Compile registration certificate and submit for 7 verification.
- Open and maintain registration files accordingly.
- Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve registration data and correspondence.
- Handle routine customer enquiries (walk-in and telephonic).
- Update and maintain the national register for Animal Identification marks.
- Update statistics and databases as required.
- Keep and maintain an effective filling system for the unit.
- Provide information on registration requirements and progress of applications to stakeholders.
- Compile letters and/ or other correspondence as required.
- Provide administration support services in the registration of shortage (incomplete) applications on the Animal Identification System (AIS).
- Capture shortage application information on the system and allocate shortage number (ensure that the correct information is attached).
- Compile shortage letters and issue to the relevant applicant.
- Conducts follow ups on shortage letters used.
- Process applications re-submitted after the issuing of a shortage letter.
- Provide administration support services in the transfer of Animal Identification marks.
- Receive and process applications for the transfer of animal identification marks.
- Cancel previous identification mark and allocate identification mark to the new owner.
- Issue registration certificate.
- Provide administration support services in the registration of Marking operators.
- Verify application information received.
- Capture information and allocate registration number.
- Print and submit certificate for verification and signature.
- File and maintain documentation accordingly.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Grade 12 certificate and relevant experience in general administration.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, good interpersonal relations skills, problem solving skills, planning and organising skills and in-depth knowledge of the Animal Identification Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of the Animal Identification System (AIS).
- Allocation of codified ID Marks.
- Procurement procedure, quality assurance practices, cultural diversity, typing skills at high speed and computer literacy.
*How to Apply:
Gauteng: Reception, Agriculture Place, 20 Steve Biko Street (formerly Beatrix Street), Arcadia, Pretoria
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 086 762 2986
Dr M Mathonsi
☎ Tel: (012) 319 7598
17 February 2017
In terms of the equity targets, priority will be given to Indian males and coloured females and People with disabilities