PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
ARTISAN PRODUCTION GRADE A TO C (CARPENTRY)
Chief Directorate Health Programmes
Grade A: R 156 363 per year
Grade B: R 184 185 per year
Grade C: R 215 025 per year
Key result areas/outputs: Interpret technical/building drawings. Quantify and control material in/from the store. Maintain, repair and replace finishing structures and furniture, e.g. old ceilings and damaged roofing. Construct and finish woodwork designs, e.g. partitioning and shelves. Supervise, Manage and train Sub-ordinates. Assist with the execution of building projects at the health institutions.
Minimum educational qualification:
An appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
- Grade A: No experience required.
- Grade B: At least 18 years appropriate/recognizable experience in an area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
- Grade C: At least 34 years appropriate/recognizable experience in an area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willing to work overtime and standby duties.
- A valid driver’s licence (Code B/EB).
- Be conversant with the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Competent with hands-on practical work, teamwork, leadership and be conversant/competent in workshop machinery with computer skills as a recommendation.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
*How to Apply:
The Chief Executive Officer: George Hospital, Private Bag X6534, George, 6530.
Mr L du Plessis,
tel. no. (044) 802-4488
16 September 2016
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. Kindly note that excess personnel will receive preference.