DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
ASSISTANT MASTER, MR3- MR5
Master of the High Court: Johannesburg
R195 945 – R708 765 per year. (Salary will be in accordance with OSD determination). The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
Key Performance Areas: Manage the administration of Deceased Estates, Insolvent Estates, Trust, Curatorship and the operations regarding the Guardian’s Fund; Provide strategic direction to the office; Ensure that departmental policy, procedures and legislations are implemented; Manage the operations regarding the Guardian’s Funds and resources in the office; Ensure continuous quality improvement of processes and policies.
- LLB Degree or four years recognized legal qualification
- 2 years appropriate post qualification legal experience
- Knowledge of the Administration of Estates Act
- Compliance Act
- Mental Health Act
- Insolvency Act
- Companies Act
- Close Corporations Act
- Trust Property Control Act and other relevant legislation
- Experience in the functional field and services provided by Master’s of the High Court
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Estate duties
- Case flow management
- Administration of estates
- Legal research and drafting
- Planning and organizing
- Dispute Resolution
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and independently in a highly pressurized environment
*How to Apply:
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: Postal address: The Human Resources: Department of Justice and Constitutional Development, Private Bag X81, Pretoria, 0001.OR Physical address: Application Box, First Floor Reception, East Tower, Momentum Building, 329 Pretorius Street, Pretoria.
☎ Tel: (012) 315 4754
04 April 2016
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.