Temporary (6 months contract)
An all-inclusive remuneration package of R170 799 per annum (Level 7)
- Investigate the trends and performance of SOC regarding Transformation &Youth Indicators considering the commitments in Shareholder Compacts, and quarterly performance reports. Assist in tracking and analyse Socio- Economic Development in the Department, and SOC especially regarding the designated
groups, women, youth and people with disabilities.
- Provide assistance in the development of the Research agenda, and implementation thereof in the Transformation & Youth Directorate.
- Development and management of technical elements around DPE: Transformation & Youth Directorate role in the research system.
- Liasing with key Departments and Agencies in the research system including StatSA, EDD, Presidency especially PME and NYDA, Research Institutions such as HSRC, and or Universities.
- Support the collation of relevant research to the outcomes, and ensuring that a research repository of research
relevant to the outcomes is available, working within the Research Agenda of EIPA Unit identify and take forward specific research assignments (developing terms of reference, commissioning, overseeing , reviewing research documents, reviewing recommendations for follow-up, monitoring follow-up), Undertaking certain research assignments directly, and support the management and administration of research assignments ,providing methodological support to the directorate around research and evaluation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Social Studies plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Socio-Economic Analysis and Research.
- Knowledge of the South African Economic and Transformation Policies as well as Legislative
- Understanding of basic Macro-economic principles and Economic Indicators. Knowledge of Economic Development and Policy Analysis especially as it relates to designated groups, women, youth and people with disabilities.
*How to Apply:
Submit your applications to The Department of Public Enterprises, Private Bag X15, Pretoria, 0028 or hand
deliver at 1090 Infotech Building, Arcadia & Hilda Street, Hatfield 0028.
Ms Johanna Boya, Tel: (012) 431-1090, RecruitJB@dpe.gov.za
31 January 2015