Statistics South Africa
Assistant Statistical Officer
Head Office, Pretoria
Month salary (or R148 584 per annum, level 6)
- Collecting, processing, editing and checking the information and identifying problems and shortcomings in practice;
- Needing to interpret the gathered data and to identify problems and shortcomings in practice;
- Capture and update data collected in the Survey Management System;
- Liaise with stakeholders;
- Visit respondents and make detailed reports;
- Do research.
- Applicants must have Matric certificate with Mathematics or Accounting;
- Applicants with experiences in working with the public and data collection will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Applicants with valid driver’s license will be an added advantage;
- Applicants with good numerical skills and communication are preferable;
- Applicants able to work independently;
- Applicants able to effectively and efficiently work under pressure to meet deadlines.
*How to Apply:
Submit your applications to Recruitment Manager, Statistics SA, Private Bag X44, Pretoria 0001 or hand-deliver at 167 Manaka Heights Building, corner Andries (Thabo Sehume) and Vermeulen (Madiba) Streets, Pretoria.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask Mr Collen Mokonyane 012 310 4604
23 January 2015
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, Certified copies of their identification and qualification, and an application must be attached. Applicants risk of being disqualified for failure to submit all required documents.