Statistics South Africa
Assistant Statistical Officer
Labour Statistics division at Head Office, Pretoria
Salary: R148 584 per annum, level 6
- Collect, process, edit and verify information and identify problems and deficiencies in practice.
- Interpret the collected data and identify problems and deficiencies in practice.
- Capture and update the collected data on the Survey Management System.
- Liaise with stakeholders.
- Visit respondents and compile detailed reports.
- Conduct investigations.
- A matric certificate with Mathematics/Accounting
- Experience in working with the public and data collection will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- A valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Good numerical and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
*How to Apply:
Submit application to:
Head Office, Pretoria: Post to the Recruitment Manager, Statistics SA, Private Bag X44, Pretoria 0001 or hand
-deliver at 167 Manaka Heights Building, corner Andries (Thabo Sehume) and Vermeulen (Madiba) Streets, Pretoria.
Post to the Human Resources Officer, Private Bag X 9072, Cape Town 8000 or hand-deliver at 22 Long Street, Liberty Building, 3rd Floor.
Post to the Human Resources Officer, Private Bag X11290, Nelspruit, 1200 or hand-deliver on the 13 Cnr Streak & Ferreira Streets, MAXSA Building, 5th Floor, Nelspruit.
Post to the Human Resources Officer, Statistics South Africa, P.O.Box 7379, Quigney, East London 5211 or hand deliver at 15 Coutts Street, Ocean Terrace Park, Quigney.
Post to the Human Resources Officer, Private Bag X 54337, Durban 4000 or hand-deliver at 85 on Field, 85 Joe Slovo Street, 4th Floor
Mr Collen Mokonyane (012) 310 4604
30 April 2015 at 16h00
Applications must be submitted on form Z83 and must be completed in full. Certified copies of your identity document and qualifications as well as a CV must be attached