National Department of Health
Specialized Auxiliary Services Officer
Chief Directorate: Trauma, Violence, Emergency Medical Services and Forensic Pathology Services.
Directorate: Forensic Pathology Services: Forensic Chemistry Laboratory Johannesburg.
Salary: R148 584 per annum (plus competitive benefits).
- Collect samples from the reception area,
- Store samples in a cold room,
- Record and up date temperature of laboratories and cold rooms,
- Keep cold rooms tidy and assist analysts to locate samples,
- Ensure that there are sufficient consumables for the analyst before samples are opened,
- File and safe-keep evidence, analysis results, methods and other documentation,
- Ensure that waste is removed from the section,
- Handle internal enquiries including fetching of urgent samples for analysis.
- A Senior certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent NQF 4 Certificate with Mathematics and Science on standard grade,
- At least two (2) years experience working in a laboratory including working with computers, recording information such as temperature readings and following health and safety regulations,
- Basic knowledge in mathematical calculations,
- Basic knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) would be an advantage,
- Good communication (written and verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills,
- A valid driver’s licence.
*How to Apply:
Submit application to The Director-General, National Department of Health, Private Bag X828, Pretoria. 0001. Hand delivered applications may be submitted at Reception (Brown application Box), Civitas Building, corner of Thabo Sehume (formerly known as Andries) and Struben streets. Pretoria. FOR ATTENTION: Ms N Sombinge
Mr B Lengisi at tel no (011) 276 0303
4 May 2015