DEPARTMENT OF WATER AND SANITATION
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER: LOWER VAAL WMA
Kimberley (Lower Vaal Proto-CMA)
R171 069 per year, Level 06
- Liaise closely and provide support to water stakeholders including, farmers (both commercial and emerging), all spheres of government, industries, local communities and other external institutions.
- Providing advice and support to the institutional development function of water resource management.
- Assist in the establishment, co-ordination and management of Catchment For and Water User Associations.
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in the field of Community Development, Development Studies, Economic, Human or Social Science will be an added advantage.
- The appropriate candidate must have the knowledge of water related legislation, policies and practice.
- Computer literacy.
- Have understanding of 58 water resources programmes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- The candidate must be able to work independently or in a team.
- Must have proven experience in community or rural development as well as interacting with other spheres of Government.
- Must have the ability to manage conflict through a transparent and participatory approach, solve complex project related problems, interpret and apply legislation, policy and strategy.
- Have a sound understanding of integrated water resource management.
- A valid driver’s licence is essential (a certified copy must be attached) Willingness to travel extensively and work irregular hours.
- The candidate will be expected to possess excellent presentation, research, time management and project management skills.
*How to Apply:
For Centre: Kimberley (Lower Vaal Proto-CMA): please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to the Provincial Head: Gauteng, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X995, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to 285 Francis Baard, Bothongo Plaza East, Pretoria.
For attention: Mr S Nevhorwa (012) 392 1324.
Mr PS Nevhorwa
☎ Tel: (012) 392 1324
05 August 2016.time 16H00