Department of Home Affairs Vacancies in Mpumalanga, August 2015
Department of Home Affairs
Assistant Director District Coordinator
Mpumalanga: District Manager’s Office: Ehlanzeni
A basic salary of R289 761 to R350 025 per annum (Level 9). In addition, a range of competitive benefits are offered
- The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst others, the following specific tasks: Control a variety of administrative duties related to human resources, financial administration and provisioning services in the District.
- Manage and control the flow of correspondence and monitor target dates and turnaround times in the Office and/or District.
- Compile financial and administration reports and documents.
- Assist with Medium Term Expenditure Framework processes in the Office.
- Ensure the effective compilation of budget and cash flow projections for the Office.
- Oversee the postal messenger services and cleaning services.
- Evaluate financial documents for completeness, format and linguistic correctness.
- Management of communication system e.g. (documentation flow, system development, follow up system and target dates).
- Convene and attend meetings for the District and act as secretary during meetings as required.
- Liaise and interact with various departmental business units regarding enquiries, queries and any information requested from the Unit.
- Monitor processing for irregularities and ensure the implementation of effective counter corruption measures.
- Take on precautions measures to prevent unauthorised wasteful and fruitless expenditure.
- Ensure effective service delivery to internal stakeholders and monitor the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Implement quality assurance strategies and actions and make recommendations to management.
- Implement effective people management including acquisition, retention, performance and development of talent. Manage leave and other Human Resources administration requirements within the unit.
- Review and ensure effective workflow and capacity planning.
- Ensure the effective utilisation of technology and technology infrastructure within the functional unit.
- Perform accurate financial accounting, monitoring and reporting to the Manager of Acquisition Management.
- Keep up to date with compliance and regulatory requirements and coach and guide staff on compliance to all relevant regulatory internal and external compliance requirements.
- Interpret and implement all organisational circulars, policy and other communications that impact on the operation of the business Unit.
- Drive the implementation of the Batho Pele Principles in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure compliance with all audit requirements.
- Women and People with Disabilities will receive preference.
- A 3 year National Diploma / Degree or an equivalent NQF level 6 qualification with 1-2 years experience in
- Human Resources, Financial Management (budget control) and Supply Chain Management and/or a Grade 12 qualification with 5 years experience in Human Resources, Financial Management (budget control) and Supply Chain Management of which 2 years must be in a supervisory position.
- A post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations, the Public Service Regulatory Framework as well as the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
- Knowledge and understanding of departmental policies and regulations.
- Understanding of Minimum Information Security Standard (MISS).
- Must be computer literate with proven application of Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Internet and E-mail.
- A valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to work extended hours (Including weekends and holidays) and travel extensively are required.
*How to Apply:
To apply Department of Home Affairs Vacancies
, please quoting the relevant reference number, direct your CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID together with a completed Z83 application form to: Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria, 0001, Physical Address: 232 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) street, Cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries), Pretoria, 0002
For attention: Director-General
Ms NA Phiri/ Mr WM Phohu, Tel No: (013) 752 2504
14 August 2015
Application of Department of Home Affairs Vacancies in Mpumalanga, August 2015 later than closing date will NOT be considered.