Department of Defence
Finance Clerk 4 Posts
Finance management Division, Chief Directorate Accounting, Sub-Directorate Debtors Accounts Pretoria.
Salary: R123 738 per annum, Level 5
- Rendering support and assistance in controlling and maintaining current and new Departmental debt in the DOD.
- Regularly implementing actions to recover outstanding debt from serving and ex-members of the SA National Defence Force (SANDF), Public Service Act Personnel (PSAP) and private institutions.
- Implementing and maintaining processes to effectively handle Departmental debt.
- Registering, prepare outgoing correspondence and process all related accounting transactions.
- Liaising and corresponding with the State Attorney’s office.
- Implementing effective actions and processes to ensure that deadlines are met and that Departmental debt is recovered.
- Constant collaborating, liaising and communicating with the Chief Accounting Clerk in control of the section.
- Strict application of the prescripts contained in the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations (TR’s) and other applicable instructions.
Recording, filing and safeguarding of all debtors administration related documentation and information for future reference and audit purposes.
- Grade 12 Certificate with finance/accounting related subjects.
- Computer literate iro MS Office, MS Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of the processes and procedures wrt the collection, recording and management of debt and related accounting transactions and actions are required.
- Reasoning, mathematical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients/debtors.
- Positive, trustworthy, loyal, sound judgmental ability and aiming for zero defect.
- Post matric qualification in Finance and/or a minimum of one year relevant experience will be added advantage
*How to Apply:
Submit your application to Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X137, Pretoria, 0001 or applications may be hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195
Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box number 5 at Reception.
Ms N. Seleke, tel (012) 392 27
27 February 2015