DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
R132 399 per year, Level 5
Assisting the Supervisor in:
- Receiving and registering letters of demand and/or summonses in regard to mobile as sets accidents caused by Department of Defence (DOD) drivers and the processing thereof in accordance with policies and prescripts.
- Obtain information, documents, statements, reports and statutes with regard to the case.
- Draft briefing notes to State Attorney on proposed handling of the case.
- Determine course of action to be taken in best interest of the State (DOD).
- Liaise, negotiate and arrange consultations with roll players for specialized inputs and advice.
- Frequent inter-action with interest groups, experts, attorneys, council panel and assisting the State Attorney during litigation process and trial.
- Correctly apply legal and procedural principles whereby civil claims are handled on behalf of the Minister of Defence.
- Analyse and interpret appropriate action.
- Regularly study and update own knowledge of Government policies, 21 regulations and prescripts relating to matters of litigation.
- Visit of units in Gauteng and Limpopo.
- Record, files and safeguard of all documentation generated in the section for future enquiries and audit purpose.
- Minimum requirement:
- Grade 12 certificate with finance and/ or Accounting related subjects.
- Ability in understanding, interpreting and correctly applying of financial policies and prescripts.
- Computer literate in MS Office software packages.
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicate with clients, legal representatives and senior DOD personnel.
- Successful candidates must have sound reasoning, mathematical and problem solving skills as well as trustworthy, honest and loyal. Decisive and persevering in regard to task finalisation.
- Permanent RSA citizen, with no criminal record.
- Must be in the possession of a valid code 8 driver’ license.
- Post matric qualification in Finance and/or minimum of one year relevant experience.
- Basic knowledge of financial/legal process and insurance claims.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete all relevant courses and must be willing to travel.
*How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Private Bag X 137,Pretoria, 0001 or applications may be hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception.
☎ Tel: (012) 392 2672
18 March 2016
Please use reference number not post number