DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
Financial Management Division, Chief Directorate Accounting, Directorate Stores, Services and Related Payments (DSSRP), Finance Accounting Service Centres (FASC) Garrison, Finance Accounting Satellite Office Air Command, Pretoria.
Level 5 (R132 399 per year)
- Scrutinize, verify, register and couple medical and supplier invoices for payment.
- Strictly apply policy, prescriptions and regulations.
- Detect and report on all irregularities.
- Safekeeping of payment and other accounting documentation for audit purposes.
- Utilize the Financial Management System (FMS) to regularly record all accounting transactions and do enquiries.
- Performing of cashier duties by paying out of cash advances, administering of claims on the Central Advance System and capturing of all related accounting transactions on the FMS.
- Recording, safekeeping and issuing of Face Value Documents (FVD) and updating the FVD System.
- Confirmation of TELKOM accounts.
- Administering of Paymaster General (PMG) account deposits and assisting with general administration and accounting functions at the FASC.
- Grade 12 certificate with Finance-/Accounting-related subjects.
- Relevant experience will serve as a strong recommendation.
- Proven ability in understanding, interpreting and correctly applying of financial policy and prescripts.
- Basic knowledge of financial and accounting processes.
- Basic knowledge of contract management or State Tender Board regulations and supply chain management process.
- Sound knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations as well as knowledge of financial management mainframe.
- Computer literate in MS Office software packages will serve as strong recommendation.
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicate with clients.
- Decisive and persevering in respect of task finalisation.
- Permanent RSA citizen with no criminal record.
- Willing to be detached to Satellite Offices across geographical boundaries.
- The successful candidate will be required to complete all relevant courses.
- Added advantage: Post Matric qualification in Finance, a minimum of one year relevant experience in the relevant field and a valid driver’s licence
*How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Privet Bag X 137,Pretoria, 0001 or applications may be handdelivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception. Note: (Please use reference number not post number).
Ms C. Potgieter
Tel: (012) 392-2893
20 November 2015