DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Foreign Language Court Intepreter
15/ 19 /FS
Magistrate’s Office, Bloemfontein
Salary: R115 212 – R135 714 per annum + 37% in lieu of benefits. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Interpret in criminal court, civil court, quasi-judicial proceedings.
- Interpret during consultation.
- Translate legal documents and exhibits.
- Record cases in criminal record book.
- Draw case records on request of the Magistrate and Prosecutors.
- Make arrangements for foreign language interpreters in consultation with prosecution.
- Grade 12/ equivalent qualifications.
- Tertiary qualification will be an added advantage (A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualification);
- Must have a good knowledge of the language: Bangla and Ahmarit; At least three (3) months relevant experience.
- A valid work permit; A valid driver’s license.
- Applicants will be subjected to a language test and applicants must be willing to travel;
- Knowledge of Legislation which governs transparency and confidentiality in the Public Service (Act 2 of 2000).
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to maintain interpersonal relations;
- Administration and organisational skills.
*How to Apply:
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to:
The Regional Head, Private Bag X 20578; Bloemfontein, 9300
or hand delivered at 53 Colonial Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein 9300
Ms. N Dywili at (051) 407 1800.
13 April 2015
Interested applicants may visit the following website: www.justice.gov.za to view the full job specification of the above positions. Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za. A Z83 & CV must be accompanied by original certified copies of qualifications and
identity document. A driver’s license must be attached if indicated as a requirement. A SAQA evaluation report
must accompany foreign qualifications. Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered