DEPARTMENT OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND LAND REFORM
Free State (Thabanchu)
Temporary/(1 year contract)
R140 251 per year, Level 03
- Coordinates use of pesticides on college grounds.
- Administer maintenance of college grounds including lawns, athletic playing fields, paths, driveways and parking lots.
- Submit costs estimates to materials and labour necessary for contract jobs.
- Conduct quality checks of work done by contractors to meet specifications.
- Keep accurate records of work orders, inventory and expenditures.
- Coordinate moving and setting up furniture and equipment in the college.
- Grade 12.
- 5 years’ experience grounds maintenance and furniture moving.
- Knowledge of planting, cultivating, pruning, spraying and trimming.
- Knowledge of ornamental shrubs and flowers and their use in landscaping.
- Ability to coordinate and direct the work of furniture movers and grounds crew.
- Ability to supervise the maintenance and repair of tractors, movers and equipment.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as the willingness to work irregular hours.
- Computer literacy.
- Language skills and ability to communicate well with people at different levels and from different backgrounds.
- High level of reliability.
- Basic written communication skills.
- Good grooming and presentation.
- Driver’s license.
*How to Apply:
The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform has launched the Erecruitment web site were applicants apply for a post on line. Applications must be submitted by following the link to apply for the post above http://drdlr.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/Browse.aspx
28 April 2017 at 16:00