GOVERNMENT PENSIONS ADMINISTRATION AGENCY (GPAA)
FUND ADMINISTRATORS: MEMBERSHIP AND CONTRIBUTIONS
R 158 985.00 per year (basic salary)
The incumbent will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting and membership tasks which includes the following:
- Reconciliation of contributions payable at member and employer level; and/or Reconciliation of instalments/contributions payable in respect of periods of service purchased (recognized as pensionable service).
- Facilitate the rectification of employee records on the pay roll applications and National Treasury Transversal System by the employers in question.
- Follow up on contributions/installments owing. Authorize/Confirm payments for contribution/installment refunds. Levy interest on late payments.
- Authorize/Confirm correcting journals.
- Processing of applications for Participating Employers to the GEPF.
- Arrange meetings with employers to discuss problems and resolutions to error cases and members’ roll exceptions relating to the former.
- Check and sign off on arrears calculations, journals, errors and other documents generated during the investigating process.
- Liaise with users of the GEPF Online employer Services Portal.
- Manage additional liability claims.
- Prepare monthly 17 management reports.
- Assist with audit, actuarial and general queries.
- Create and update complaint register and follow up on complaints received.
- An appropriate (Finance related) 3 year tertiary qualification with 18 months continuous proven experience in contributions/financial management/accounting environment OR a Senior Certificate with Mathematics, Commerce or Accounting as passed subjects coupled with 3 years continuous proven experience in contributions/financial management/accounting environment.
- Excellent reconciliation and financial calculation capabilities.
- Good knowledge and experience of the collections environment.
- Knowledge of pension or other contributions environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of GEPF Rules and Regulations and/or the pension fund administration environment will be an added advantaged.
- Computer Literacy that would include a good working knowledge of Microsoft products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal). Must be able to take responsibility.
- Must be able to work independently, but must know when assistance is required.
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to due dates.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail. Deadline driven.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Integrity, reliability and honesty.
*How to Apply:
34 Hamilton street, Arcadia, Pretoria before 12h00 noon on the closing date.
☎ Tel: 012 – 319 1455.
02 October 2015
Various Fund Administrators are currently available at the Government Pensions Administration Agency: Employee Benefits: Membership and Contributions Management Division, responsible for the collection of contributions payable to the Fund and installments/contributions payable in respect of periods of service purchased (recognized as pensionable service). These positions will be filled permanently.
Note: No late applications will be considered.