Department of Defence
Personnel Officer: Production
Directorate Career Management, Western Cape Office, Simon’s Town
Level 5 (R123 738 per annum)
- Providing personnel administration support in terms of career related interventions.
- Providing a consultancy service to WC clients.
- Assisting with arranging career related programmes to a target group.
- Providing support in terms of career interview administration.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of ETD opportunities in the Western Cape.
- Assisting with the maintaining of the career resource centre.
- A minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF Level 4).
- Relevant experience and/or courses will also be applicable.
- Military Drivers’ License would be an advantage.
- Successful applicant must be willing to travel within the Western Cape region.
- Special requirements (skills needed): Knowledge of PSAP procedures.
- Knowledge of HR matters.
- Planning and organisation.
- Knowledge of training.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Planning and organising skills.
- Knowledge of systems such as PERSOL / PERSAL would be an a advantage.
- Client service skills.
- Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Computer literacy in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Creativity and innovation.
*How to Apply:
Submit your application to Department of Defence, Directorate Career Management Western Cape Office, Private Bag X1, Simon’s Town, 7995. or may be hand delivered at Osvlo Building on Simon’s Town Main Road
Mrs T. Williams, Tel: (021) 787 3217
17 July 2015 (Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).
Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form Z83 which must be originally signed and dated by the applicant and which must be accompanied by a detailed CV (with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge & experience) and clear certified copies of original educational qualification certificates, ID document and Driver’s license (where applicable).