DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER)
Tosa and Welkom Campus
R171 069–R201 507 per year Level 06
- Manage and administer Health and Safety compliance issues at the College.
- Ensuring adherence to safety and health standards in accordance with OHSACT and COIDA.
- Carry out the following: health surveillance of premises, surveillance and prevention of communicable diseases, environments pollution control, food safety management.
- Conduct Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) across the college, conduct incident investigation.
- A National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or NCV level 4 +3 year Degree or National Diploma in Environmental Management/ Science or relevant qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Safety, Health and Environment.
- Knowledge of prescripts and general legislation relating to Health and Safety.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), high level investigative skills, report writing skills and planning ability, computer literacy (including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint) Ability to liaise with internal and external bodies.
- A valid driver’s license.
*How to Apply:
Please forward all applications to: The Principal, Goldfields TVET College, Private Bag X95, Welkom, 9459 or hand deliver to Central Office at 36 Buren Street, Flamingopark, Reception area
☎ Tel no: (057) 910 6000
31 March 2017, applications received after the closing date or faxed applications will not be considered.