PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Mitchells Plain District Hospital
R119 154 per year
Key result areas/outputs:
- Effectively supervise and manage household staff: responsible for planning duty rosters, daily tasks, staff allocation, annual leave, performance evaluation, in service training, discipline, grievance handling and conflict management.
- Quality assurance by means of effective Infection prevention and control and risk management: implement relevant policies, protocols and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of clean, safe, and hygienic environment within the hospital wards at all times.
- Stock control which includes: manage, order and control of household equipment, supplies and provisioning.
- Up to date inventory and loss control of kitchen appliances and linen at ward level.
- Client care: coordinate, prepare and serve patient meals according to set standards.
Minimum educational qualification:
General education and training Certificate (GETC)/grade 9 (Std 7).
Experience in household service in a Ward//Hospital environment or Frail Care Centre.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability and willingness to work shifts, including weekends, public holidays and night duty.
- Relief according to the needs of the service.
- Ability to read, speak and write in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Supervisory skills and optimal utilization of subordinates.
- Knowledge of disciplinary code of conduct.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
*How to Apply:
The Chief Executive Officer: Mitchell’s Plain District Hospital, AZ Berman Drive, Lentegeur or Private Bag X9, Mitchell’s Plain, 7789.
Ms A Brown
☎ Tel: (021) 377-4410
07 October 2016
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. Kindly note that excess personnel will receive preference.