DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR
INSPECTOR: INSPECTION SERVICES
Labour Centre: Pietermaritzburg
R211 194 per year
- Plan and independently conduct inspections with the aim of ensuring compliance with the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA).
- Execute investigations independently on reported cases pertaining to contravention of Labour legislation and enforce as and when necessary.
- Plan and conduct proactive (Blitz) inspections regularly to monitor compliance with labour legislation.
- Conduct advocacy campaign on Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA) legislation.
- Draft and maintain inspection plans and reports including analysis and compilation of consolidated statistical reports on only allocated cases.
- Three (3) year relevant tertiary qualification in Labour Relations /Human Resource Management.
- One (1) year functional experience in Inspection and enforcement Services.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Knowledge: Departmental policies and procedures, Skills Development Act, Labour Relation Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Skills Development Levies Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, COIDA, Unemployment Insurance Act, UI Contribution Act, Employment Equity Act.
Skills: Facilitation, Planning and Organising, Computer literacy, Interpersonal, Conflict handling, Negotiation, Problem solving, Interviewing, listening and observation.
*How to Apply:
Chief Director: Provincial Operations: P O Box 940, Durban, 4000 or hand deliver at 267 Anton Lambede Street, Royal Hotel Building, Durban
Sub-directorate: Human Resources Management, Kwazulu-Natal.
Mr MP Tshabalala
☎ Tel no: (033) 3415300
27 March 2017 at 16:00