DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR
INSPECTOR: INSPECTION SERVICES
Labour Centre: Welkom
R 171 069 per year
Conduct occupational inspections with the aim of ensuring compliance with all labour legislations, namely:
- Basic of Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA)
- Labour Relations Act (LRA)
- Employment Equity Act (EEA)
- Unemployment Insurance Act (UIA)
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act (COIDA)
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Skills Development Act (SDA) and UCA
- Execute investigations on reported cases pertaining to contravention of labour legislation and enforce where and when necessary.
- Conduct proactive (Blitz) inspections regularly to monitor compliance with labour legislation.
- Conduct advocacy campaigns on identified and allocated labour legislation.
- Assist in drafting of inspection plans, reports and compilation of statistics on allocated cases.
- Three year relevant tertiary qualification in Labour Law or relevant related Labour Laws of South Africa.
- Zero to six months in Inspection and Enforcement environment.
- Valid Drivers licence.
- Departmental Policies and procedures
- Skills Development Act
- Labour Relation Act
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Skills Development Levies Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Unemployment Insurance Act
- UI Contribution Act
- Employment Equity
- Planning and Organizing (Own work)
- Computing (Spread sheets, PowerPoint and word processing)
- Problem solving
- listening and observation
- Verbal and written communication
*How to Apply:
Chief Director: Provincial Operations, PO Box 522, Bloemfontein, 9300 or hand deliver at Laboria House, 43 Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein, 9301.
Ms MM Sauer
☎ Tel: (057) 391 0200
Mr C Van Niekerk
☎ Tel: (051) 6731 471
01 August 2016