DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING
IT JUNIOR TECHNICIANS
KHC 06 -10/2017
Admin Centre – Butterworth
R171 069 per year, Level 06
- Basic understanding of networking, experience in desktop support, diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment. Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software.
- Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
- Maintain inventory of installed software, manage software licensing and create policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
- Grade 12 /N4 (Matric)
- IT Qualifications Diploma/Certificate
*How to Apply:
Please Forward Your Application, Quoting The Reference Number to: The Principal, King Hintsa TVET College, Private Bag X3018, Butterworth, 4960 or Hand Deliver to: 218 Mthatha Road Ibika Township, Butterworth.
Mr MM Ndzame
☎ Tel no: (047) 401 6400
31 March 2017, applications received after the closing date or faxed applications will not be considered.