OFFICE OF THE CHIEF JUSTICE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Eastern Cape High Court: Mthatha
R196 278 – R231 210 per year
The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Type (or format) draft memorandum decision, opinions or judgement entries written by assigned Judge, administrator or staff attorney and modifies or corrects same as directed (including dicta typing).
- Arrange and diarize appointments, meetings, official visits, and make travel and accommodation arrangements, etc.
- Safeguarding of all case files and the endorsement of case files with order made by Judge.
- Provide general secretarial/administrative duties to the Judge.
- Update files, documents and provide copies of documents to the Registrar.
- Accompany the Judge to Court and circuit Courts as well.
- After a case has been completed and opinion, decision or judgement entry released, return case file to administration for returns to clerk’s office.
- Reviews file before returning it to administration to make sure it is complete and that there is nothing in the file that does not belong there, such as Judges notes, interoffice memoranda, etc.
- Management of judges vehicle, logbook and driving thereof.
- Compile data and prepares reports and documents for assigned judges as necessary, including expense reports, continuing legal hours, financial disclosure statements, and case management
- Responsible for maintaining, updating and implementing the court`s public records retention schedule with respect to all records kept by the court.
- Arrives at work on time and is present during working hours, cooperates with Judges, supervisors and co-workers as necessary to insure the smooth and efficient operation of the court.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Judges, or Court administrator
- Arrange receptions for the Judge, and his visitors and attend to their needs.
- Manage of Judges Library and updating of loose leaf publications.
- Any other task for or allocated by the Judge.
- Comply with Departmental Policies and Prescripts.
Grade 12 plus three years’ experience or second year registered Law Student; Computer literacy (MS Office); A valid driver’s license; 2 – 3 years legal experience will serve as an added advantage; Shortlisted candidate will be subjected to typing test. Skills and Competencies: Excellent typing skills; Good communication skills (written and verbal); Good administration and organizational skills; Good interpersonal and public relations skills; Ability to work under pressure.
*How to Apply:
The Provincial Head, Private Bag X9065, East London, 5200 OR Physical Address: Office of the Chief Justice Service Centre, No. 3 Phillip Frame Road, Chislehusrst, East London.
Ms NF Buso
☎ Tel: (047) 531 1549)
13 November 2015