DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY & FISHERIES
LEGAL ADMINISTRATION OFFICER X2 (MR2-MR3)
R175 509-R224 046 per year (salary will be determined in accordance with OSD (determination experience)
- Draft Fisheries Rights Allocation Process (FRAP) legal documents.
- Develop FRAP service level agreements with stakeholders.
- Compile notices for gazetting.
- Provide inputs into Amendments to Rights Allocation policies and ensure alignment with legal prescripts and other Government mandates, policies and strategic objectives.
- Proactively identify FRAP-related risks and develop mitigating strategies.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on FRAP-related legal matters.
- Draft submissions in respect of application for transfer of fishing rights.
- Provide inputs into Permit conditions and FRAPrelated requests for access to information.
- Provide support and advice to management on fisheries-related matters.
- Ensure compliance and monitor implementation of Rights Allocation processes in line with legal prescripts and other Government mandates, policies and strategic objectives.
- Provide legal opinions in relation to FRAP processes.
- Represent the Department and its functionaries during consultations and policy roll-outs.
- An LLB or 4-year recognized legal qualification and at least 1 year’s relevant experience in a legal environment.
- Experience in legal research and drafting of legal documents.
- Reasonable knowledge of the Marine Living Resources Act, 1998 (Act No 18 of 1998), the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000 (Act No 2 of 2000), Promotion of Administrative Justice Act (PAJA), 2000 (Act No 3 of 2000), the Constitution, Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), 1999 (Act No 1 of 1999) and Treasury Regulations.
*How to Apply:
PO Box 1305, Rivonia 2128 or hand deliver at Suite 203 SOHO on Strand, 128 Strand Street, Cape Town or 3 Autumn Street, Rivonia
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 086 762 2920
Mr M. Mdledle
☎ Tel: (021) 402-3422
25 September 2015