DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MAINTENANCE OFFICER MR1- MR5
Magistrate’s Office, Kroonstad 1
R174 606 – R818 301 per year.
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform duties or functions of a Maintenance Officer in terms of the Maintenance Act.
- Ensure screening of Maintenance files and assist clients to reach agreements in applicable instances.
- Administer the preparation and issuing Section 26 and emoluments attachment orders as well as court interdicts.
- Prepare and compile all the necessary evidence in presentation and application of future maintenance orders
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders, obtain financial information from employers and banking institution for the purpose of maintenance enquiries.
- Manage Departmental assets under his or her direct control to ensure compliance with relevant prescripts
- Refer cases that require investigation to the Maintenance Investigators and ensuring regular follow up on progress made
- Appear in Maintenance Court proceedings under the Maintenance Act 99 of 1998.
- An LLB Degree or recognized 4 year legal qualification
- Extensive knowledge of the maintenance system
- Proficiency in at least two official languages
- Understanding of all services and procedures in the area of maintenance and other areas of family law
- A valid driver’s license
Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literacy MS Office, excellent communication (both verbal and written)
- Inter-personal relations and ability to liaise with senior officials
- Problem solving
- Report writing and Time management skills
- Ability to analyze statistics
- Accuracy and attention to detail
*How to Apply:
Please direct your application to: The Regional Head, Private Bag X20578; Bloemfontein, 9300 or hand delivered at 53 Colonial Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein 9301 Development, Private Bag X6106, Kimberley, 8300.
OR hand delivers at the New Public Buildings, Magistrates Court of Knight and Stead Streets, 7th floor, Kimberley, 8301.
Ms. NM Dywili
☎ Tel no: (051) 407 1800
21 August 2017
(Salary will be in accordance with OSD determination). The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.