DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES
MINERAL LAWS ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Head Office, Pretoria
R211 194 per year, Level 07
- Provide helpdesk assistance, process and evaluate applications for prospecting and mining rights, mining permits and other rights in terms of the MPRDA.
- Compile submissions for the Minister/ DG / DDG for the granting or refusal of rights.
- Render advice and assistance to clients and provide information.
- Conduct site inspections and attend to illegal mining operations, attend meetings and workshops to deliver presentations to stakeholders on mining and related matters.
- Compile and prepare permits for granting by the Regional Manager and prepare and compile contracts for execution.
- A three year tertiary qualification in Law Degree is a prerequisite coupled with relevant experience.
- A valid code 8 driver’s licence
PLUS the following competencies:
- Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002 (Act 28 of 2002) and repealed Minerals Act, (Act 50 of 1991)
- Public Finance Management Act (Act 1 of 1999) Mineral and Petroleum Titles Registration (Act 24 of 1994)
- Other previous and current statues relevant to mining
- Ability to interpret the mineral and mining agreements.
- Legislation and policies and render necessary advise.
- Ability to draft and compile submissions to the Minister/DG/ DDG and other Departmental officials.
- Ability to mediate in and resolve conflict situations.
- Computer literacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Diplomacy and professional conduct
Creativity: Dynamic individual and team player
Other: Loyalty, honesty and intergrity.
*How to Apply:
The Director-General, Department of Mineral Resources, Private Bag X59, Arcadia, 0007 or hand delivered to Trevenna Campus, corner Mentjies and Francis Baard Street, former Schoeman, Sunnyside
Mr Mmboneni Kevin Mutheiwana
☎ Tel: (012) 444 3097
28 April 2017
Coloureds and Indians are encouraged to apply.