Department of Environmental Affairs
Office Administration I: Lace Directorates
Salary R148 584 per annum (all inclusive package R224 202)
- The appointed candidate shall perform the following duties for all the staff in the Directorate: Law Reform & Appeals (Cape Town), Directorate Compliance (Oceans and Coasts) and the Directorate Enforcement (Oceans and
Coasts): Perform reception services.
- Do manual and electronic filing Manage and continuously update the electronic document management system and electronic register.
- Do travel arrangements.
- Procure goods and services.
- Manage legal resources, reference books etc.
- Control assets.
- Identify budget needs for each unit and manage monthly budget reports and expenditure.
- Document management including photocopying, faxing, binding, preparation of documents for meetings, workshops etc.
- Organise and set up meetings, conferences and workshops, including dissemination of agendas and co-ordinating dates and attendance, catering and venue bookings and equipment etc.
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Compile and input into monthly, quarterly and other reports.
- Draft administrative documents such as procurement memos Manage the diary and filing of 2 Directors.
- Prepare and process S&T, cell phone etc. claims for all staff.
- A matric pass (Senior Certificate/ Grade 12) with relevant experience is a minimum requirement.
- Computer literacy, especially a good command in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook/Novell Groupwise.
- A basic understanding of government’s procurement processes and rules including economic empowerment. Exposure to or experience on any document management system (electronic and manual).
- A clearly demonstrable ability to compile meeting minutes, basic correspondence and other documents
independently is a key function of this post.
- Reception experience is also necessary.
- Applicants should be able to type and format documents (At least in Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and must demonstrate basic numeracy skills.
- The three Directorates requires a person who has initiative (‘self-starter’), sound organisational and planning skills and will be able to report and be accountable to 3 Directorates and be able to multi-task and appropriately plan and priorities work received from multiple individuals.
- Exposure to running of meetings will also be considered an advantage.
- Good telephone etiquette is an additional essential requirement.
- The ability to work under pressure at times.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
*How to Apply:
Submit your applcations to The Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X4390,
Cape Town, 8000 or hand-deliver to 14 Loop Street, Cape Town. FOR ATTENTION : Human Resources
Adv Radia Razack Tel: (021) 819 2426
09 February 2015
Must be submitted on a Z83 form with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID document in order to be considered. No faxed, emailed and late applications will be considered.