DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR GRADE I (VARIOUS POSTS)
R158 985 per year
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide secretarial services to the Directors.
- Answer and record telephone calls / facsimile and e-mail activity on behalf of the Director as well as screen telephone calls.
- Record and respond to queries from the public and personnel in the Department.
- Receive documentation, acknowledge receipt, apply and allocate a file number, record data into computer system and file documentation appropriately.
- Perform document tracking for all documents.
- Maintain strict confidentially when working with documentation related to staff members and other Matters.
- Act as a relief to support the Chief Director and other Directors in the unit as and when required.
- Perform general office administration, e.g. Send and receive faxes, e-mails, receive and dispatch items and do photocopying.
- Type letters, agendas, minutes and other correspondence.
- Administer travel arrangements.
- Provide secretarial support for meetings.
- Keep and maintain a leave register for the Directorate.
- Assist in organising meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Prepare for meetings (arrange venues, refreshments, electronic equipment and all other logistical requests).
- Stock refreshment supplies for the office and serve refreshments to the Director and visitors.
- Keep circulars and all relevant HR, Finance and Supply Chain Management policies updated.
A 3 year National Diploma in Office Administration with one (1) year experience or Grade 12 with 4 years of relevant experience.
Note: The following will serve as 20 recommendations:
- Basic Computer Literacy Certificate as well as an Administration Skills (Basic) Certificate.
- Experience and ability to work with people.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate with all cultures at all levels.
- Positive, open and friendly disposition in all communication.
- Confidence, confidentiality and reliability.
- Computer literacy (Corel and Microsoft Office, Internet and E-mail).
- Ability to handle documents and correspondence.
- Ability to maintain client satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Willingness to work under pressure and irregular working hours.
*How to Apply:
Department of Transport, Private Bag X193, Pretoria, 0001 of hand deliver at the Forum Building, Cnr Struben and Bosman Street, Pretoria for attention Recruitment Unit, Room 4034.
Ms Ntombi Masilela
☎ Tel: 012 309 3104
01 February 2016
Employees are reminded to quote the relevant reference numbers/post number when applying for these posts.