DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
R196 278 per year, Level 7
- Provide a secretarial and receptionist support service to the Sec Def, receive telephone calls and refer the calls to the correct role players, record appointments and events in the electronic daily diary of the Sec Def.
- Provide a clerical support service to the office, liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements when the necessary.
- Arrange meetings/work sessions and events for the Sec Def, identify venues, invite role players, organise refreshments and set up schedules for meetings and events, process all invoices that emanate from the activities of the work of the Sec Def. Administer leave registers and telephone accounts, receive records and distribute all incoming and outgoing documents.
- Handle the procurement of standard items like stationary, refreshments etc.
- Distribute all incoming and outgoing documents.
- Remain up to date with policy/prescripts and procedures applicable to the work terrain to ensure efficient effective support to 18 the office of Sec Def. Prepare briefing notes for the managers as required, coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings when required.
- Minimum requirement of an appropriate Diploma/Certificate/NQF Level 5.
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in rendering support services to senior management.
- Knowledge on relevant legislation, policies, prescripts and procedures.
Special requirements (skills needed):
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and e-mails).
- Language proficiency in English, Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Analytical and innovative thinking ability as well as problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good people skills.
- Sound organisational skills.
- High level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Ability to do research and analyse documents and situations.
- Self-management and motivation.
- Good grooming and presentation.
- Must be incisive and decisive.
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, Directorate Human Resource Career Management, Private Bag X137, Pretoria 0001 or may be hand delivered to Poynton Building, 195 Bosman Street, Pretoria where it may be placed in wooden box (No 4) at the reception.
Ms B.Z. Mahlangu
☎ Tel: (012) 355 6263.
08 April 2016
(Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).