INDEPENDENT POLICE INVESTIGATIVE DIRECTORATE
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO CHIEF DIRECTOR: LEGAL SERVICES
National Office: Pretoria
R171 069 per year
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Providing secretarial support to the Chief Director, Rendering administrative support services, providing support to the Chief Director regarding meetings.
- Supporting the Chief Director with the administration of the budget of the office, As well as remaining abreast with prescripts/ policies/ procedures relevant to rendering support to the Chief Director.
- Receiving and making telephone calls.
- Managing the Chief Director ’s diary, Making travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Typing of letters/memorandums/ submissions/reports.
- Ensuring the effective flow of information and documents to and from the office of the Chief Director as well as ensuring the safekeeping of all documentation in the office of the Chief Director.
- Obtain inputs, collates and compile reports.
- Arranging meetings and taking minutes.
- Assists with documents analysis in preparation for meetings.
- Preparing Power Point presentations on information supplied by the Chief Director.
- Maintaining a task list of request into the Chief Director ’s office and requests made by the Chief Director , ensuring that these are brought to the attention of people who have to action them and keeping a tracking list of actions.
- Ensure adherence to brought forward dates.
- Filling, document retrieval and tracking, Assisting the Chief Director in the administration of the Chief Director ’s budget.
- A Secretarial Diploma or equivalent qualification, Minimum of 3 years’ experience in rendering support services to senior management.
- Advanced proficiency in Ms Word, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Good office management skills (document tracking, storage and retrieval systems).
- Sound minute taking and communication skills, telephone etiquette, people skills, as well as general office experience are essential.
- The ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- The ability to do research and analyze documents and situations.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation/ policies/ prescripts and procedures; as well as basic knowledge on financial administration are vital.
- Applicants must be able to work under pressure, independently and be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- The successful candidate must be highly reliable, self-motivated, flexible, creative, client focused and quality orientated.
- Driver’s license is essential.
*How to Apply:
Independent Police Investigative Directorate, Private Bag X941, Pretoria, 0001 or, hand deliver to City Forum Building, 114 Madiba Street, Pretoria Central
FOR ATTENTION : Ms P Hlalele: Tel: 012 399 0000
Mr N Nekhumbe
☎ Tel no: (012) 399 0000
31 March 2017