DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING (GOLDFIELDS TVET COLLEGE)
R183 558 – R 216 216 per year
Level 06 (plus benefits as applicable to public sector)
- Plan and support the work placement process of graduates across the College.
- Organise work placements and support students in the work placement process.
- Conduct placement visits to monitor the progress of students, and deal effectively with any issues/concerns that may arise.
- Ensure the orientation and induction of interns and host employers so that they understand the work placement process, the level of support available and are fully equipped to undertake successful work placement.
- Support the development and maintenance of a database of appropriate host employers and industry links.
- Monitor the progress of work placement throughout the college.
- Attend work placement meetings with various stakeholders when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with interns, host employers, SETAs and various stakeholders on the work placement progress.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or NCV level 4 recognised, and a recognised 3-year Degree/Diploma (REQV 13).
- Marketing/Human Resources/Public Administration/Business Administration/Human Resources Development.
- 2-3 years’ experience, (experience in the TVET College will serve as recommendation), Working knowledge and understanding of the TVET College landscape and its student support framework.
- Excellent listening, empathy and rapport building, negotiation and networking skills.
- Strong leadership, monitoring and evaluation, organising, financial and administrative skills.
- Good communication (verbal and written), negotiation and networking, reporting, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel and MS Word and PowerPoint.
- A valid driver’s licence
*How to Apply:
Please forward all applications to: The Principal, Goldfields TVET College, Private Bag X 95, Welkom, 9459 or hand deliver to Central Office at 36 Buren Street, Flamingo Park, Reception area.
Mr IJ Peters
☎ Tel no: (057) 910 6000
21 July 2017