DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
PRINCIPAL PORTER (USAGE 2298)
Tertiary Military Health Formation, 3 Military Hospital
R100 545 per year, Level 03
- Supervision of Porter services which includes duty scheduling, leave planning, PMDS and discipline.
- Transporting of patients between various departments within the hospital.
- Transporting of patients from vehicles/ambulances to hospital and back.
- Transporting of documents, packages and equipment between various departments within the hospital.
- Telephonic enquiries.
- Compiling statistics regarding the Porter services for management purposes.
- Problem solving.
- NQF level 2 (Grade 10).
- Applicants with prior learning, either by means of experience or alternative courses may also apply.
Special requirements (skills needed):
- Computer literacy (Microsoft), organizing, interpersonal relationship skills.
- Previous hospital and supervision experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) in English and Afrikaans.
- Knowledge of policies and directives specially OHS.
- Meeting deadlines and setting goals.
- Handle repetitive work.
- Team player.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance within a year.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, SAMHS, 3 Military Hospital, Private Bag X40003, Brandhof, 9324
Mr M. Van der Bank
☎ Tel: (051) 402 2275
25 November 2016
(Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).