DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE
READING ROOM ARCHIVIST ASSISTANT
R110 739 per year (Level 4)
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the following:
- shelves and retrieves records for researchers.
- assists with verbal/written enquiries in Reading Room.
- relieves senior archivist in reading room.
- assists researchers in the use of electronic and other finding aids.
- informs researchers about the rules and regulations in the reading room.
- general upkeep of reading room.
- general supervision of reading room.
- sorts and lists archival records.
- assists in the implementation of other National Archives Repository functions ( Client Services Section and Outreach Section).
- Senior Certificate/Matric.
- basic knowledge of historical events in South Africa.
- basic sorting and listing of records skills.
- basic knowledge of preservation rules for paper records.
- basic records management skills.
- basic knowledge of relevant archival legislation.
- computer literacy.
- good communication skills (verbal & writing).
- good interpersonal relations and customer care skills.
*How to Apply:
Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001. Applications can also be hand delivered to the Department of Arts and Culture, Kingsley Centre, 2nd Floor, Cnr Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko, Arcadia, Pretoria
Ms N Ngcama
☎ Tel: 012 441 3430
27 November 2015