DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
AFB Durban, KwaZulu Natal.
R110 739 per year, Level 4
- Provide a secretarial support service.
- Record appointments and events and manage the Manager’s diary.
- Receive telephone calls and refer to the correct role players.
- Be responsible for the roll call of the Unit daily.
- Provide secretarial functions in board meetings.
- Write/type documents, memorandums, letters and reports.
- Compile agenda’s and take minutes during meetings.
- Compile minutes correctly.
- Deal with classified files and documents.
- Arrange meetings and events for Manager.
- Process the travel and subsistence claims for the Manager.
- Identify venues, invite role players, organize refreshments and set up schedules for meetings and events.
- Collect all relevant documents for meetings.
- Keep Manager’s directory.
- Liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements.
- Prepare briefing and notes for the Manager as required.
- Keep a filing system.
- Organize social functions.
- Operate office equipment.
- Order and purchase stationary.
- Keep updated with policy and procedures.
- Co-ordinate logistical arrangements for meetings when required.
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for visitors visiting the Manager.
- Monitor the Unit monthly leave register and telephone bills, ensuring payment is submitted on time.
- Remain abreast with the procedures and processes that apply in the office of the Manager.
- Provide support to Manager regarding meetings and scrutinize documents to determine actions/information/other documents required for meetings.
- Record all minutes/decisions and communicate to all relevant role players and make follow-ups on progress.
- Prepare briefing notes for the Manager as requested.
- Handle S&T advances and claims.
- A minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Secretarial Diploma/Degree/Certificate will be an advantage, 2-3 years’ experience in admin and rendering a support service to senior management.
Special requirements (skills needed):
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Typing skills.
- Language proficiency in English (written and verbal).
- Analytical and innovative thinking as well as problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound organisational skills.
- High level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to do research and analyse documents and situations.
- Excellent secretarial skills.
- A background as legal secretary will be an advantage
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, Air Force Base Durban, P.O. Box 1120, Amanzimtoti 4125.
WO1 P. Thangavalu
Tel: (031) 450 4821.
20 November 2015
(Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).