Department of Arts and Culture
Senior Security Officer GR II (Level 6)
National Archives of South Africa, Pretoria
R158 094 per annum (Salary level 6)
The successful candidate will be responsible for: Assist with Access / Exit control duties including searching. Reception duties. Completion of registers. Issuing and returning of keys. Safekeeping of keys. Locking / unlocking of offices when necessary. Issuing and returning of access control identity cards. Escorting of visitors / contractors / personnel. Conducting of security patrol and inspections. Operating of the fire detection and extinguishing system. Operating of the CCTV and access control systems. CCTV monitoring. Investigating of security incidents. Implementation of security emergency procedures. Reporting on security emergency incidents and risks.
- Candidates must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of 2 years related experience in Security Industry plus Grade “C” PSIRA accredited certificate.
- Knowledge and experience in security related duties.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of the Minimum Information 16 Security Standards (MISS Documents), Fire Arms Control Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Protection of Information Act, Promotion of Access to Information Act and Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicle Act. Knowledge and experience in operating fire detection and extinguishing system as well as CCTV and access control systems.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal relations.
- Computer literacy.
- Successful candidate will be required to work shifts (including night shifts) as well as irregular hours.
*How to Apply:
Please forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the number and the name of this publication to: The Chief Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria, 0001.
Applications can also be hand delivered to the Department of Arts and Culture, Kingsley Centre, 2nd Floor, Cnr Stanza Bopape and Steve Biko Streets, Arcadia, Pretoria
Ms P Mulaudzi, tel. (012) 441 3716 Ms N Ngcama, tel. (012) 441 3430
17 July 2015
Applications are hereby invited from suitably and qualified person to apply for the following post(s). Applications must be submitted on Form Z83. All sections of the Z83 must be completed and signed and the application form should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV (including two recent and contactable referees) and Original Certified Copies of the applicant’s ID and educational qualifications.