Department of Transport, RSA
(Branch: Administration (Chief Operations Officer)
(Chief Directorate: Corporate Services)
(Directorate: Security Services)
(Sub-Directorate: Physical Security & Investigations)
Sala: R 123 738 per annum
- The incumbent will be responsible to: rendering access control services which will entail issuing of access control permits/cards; Ensuring that visitors are escorted while in building, subjecting employees, visitors and their baggage to electronic search through metal detector and X-Ray machines;
- Provide statistical reports with regard to access control activities;
- Provide effective control room operations and electronic systems monitoring which include CCTV, alarms fire detection and public address system;
- Provide general guarding and patrolling security services, Patrolling and inspecting the inner and outer building, Office inspections, Occupational Health and Safety (OS) and Fire Risk inspections, Searching of Vehicles and checking of security duty points.
- A completed Grade 12 coupled with three (3) years’ experience in Security Industry plus Grade B PSIRA accredited certificate.
- National Certificate in Security Management and Investigation experience will be added an advantage.
- The following key competencies and attributed are essential: Good communication and interpersonal skills; Good planning, Organising and Co-ordinating skills;
- Knowledge of Control of Access to the Public Premises and Vehicles Act and other relevant legislation;
- Computer literacy.
*How to Apply:
Submit application to Department of Transport, Private Bag X193, Pretoria, 0001
Or hand deliver at the Forum Building, Cnr Struben and Bosman Street, Pretoria for attention Recruitment Unit. Room 4034. Employees are reminded to quote the relevant reference numbers/post number when applying for these posts.
Mr Sipho Dube, Tel: (012) 309 3882
1 June 2015
Applications must be accompanied by form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and a recent updated comprehensive CV (previous experience must be comprehensively detailed, i.e. positions held and dates), as well as certified copies of all qualifications and ID document.