DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES
R158 985 per year (Level 6)
- Management of access control and related security systems such as CCTV cameras.
- Conduct security inspections and ensure identified weaknesses are attended to promptly.
- Conduct investigation on security breaches and compile reports.
- Key control, including access cards.
- Maintain all registers used in the control room.
- Enforce compliance with OHS prescripts in accordance with the Departmental OHS policy and conduct OHS inspections.
- Perform security escort functions as and when required.
- Perform general administration duties including report writing.
- Assist with security coordination for Departmental events.
- Candidates must be in possession of a Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of 2 years related experience in Security Industry plus Grade “C” PSIRA accredited certificate.
- Knowledge and experience in security related duties.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of the Minimum Information 16 Security Standards (MISS Documents), Fire Arms Control Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Protection of Information Act, Promotion of Access to Information Act and Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicle Act.
- Knowledge and experience in operating fire detection and extinguishing system as well as CCTV and access control systems.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal relations.
- Computer literacy.
- Successful candidate will be required to work shifts (including night shifts) as well as irregular hours.
*How to Apply:
The Department of Public Enterprises, Private Bag X15, Pretoria, 0028 or hand deliver at 1090 Infotech Building, Arcadia & Hilda Street, Hatfield 0028.
Mr Simon Manganye
Tel: (012) 431-1012
18 September 2015