DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS
SENIOR DATABASE CLERK
R171 069 per year (Total package of R 264 744 per year, conditions apply)
- Provide support to the Control GIS Technician by capturing all non-spatial data for projects managed by the Natural Resource Management Programmes (NRM) regional offices.
- Regularly maintain and update non-spatial Database.
- Verification of Data for consistency, completeness and accuracy.
- Proactively identify discrepancies in documents.
- Electronic and hard copy filing of relevant documentation and records systematically.
- General administrative support functions.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with relevant Data Capturing experience.
- Proven above average proficiency in MS Office and Windows.
- Advanced Computer Skills and good numeracy Skills.
- Systematic and meticulous approach to Data Capturing.
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, Use own initiative and perform multiple tasks.
- Willingness to develop a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of field operations.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of WIMS, FIMS and EFP NRM systems will be added advantage.
*How to Apply:
The Director-General: Department of Environmental Affairs Private Bag X4390, Cape Town, 8000. OR Hand deliver to Department of Environmental Affairs, 14 Loop Street Cape Town
Mr I. Moyo
☎ Tel no: (021) 441 2734
28 November 2016