DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
Senior Messenger (NBS Registry)
SA Navy: Naval Base Simon’s Town
R78 156 per year, Level 2
- Perform duties relating to the distribution of Documents.
- Ensure Safekeeping of Files and Documents.
- Uplift, sign, deliver documents, articles and files to various Clients in the Unit.
- Uplift and deliver signals daily to the OC of the Unit.
- Delivering and uplifting of documents once a week to the MITC Main Registry in Simon’s Town.
- Distribute and collect documents and articles at the Post Office.
- Sort post and documents into the relevant pigeon holes.
- Assist in the Registry Office with photocopying of signals and faxing of Daily Orders.
- Ensure safekeeping of files and documents.
- Update Register of Documents Delivered / Received.
- Comply with OHASA regulations.
- Ability to apply basic safety standards.
A minimum of NQF Level 1 (ABET Level 1 – 4 / Grade 3 – 9 / Standard 1 – 7) Special Requirements (Skills Needed):
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal / written) in English.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to Perform Routine Tasks.
- Military Drivers License will be an advantageous.
*How to Apply:
Ms A.M. Kau-Tsoanyane, Fleet Command HQ, Private Bag X1, Simon’s Town, 7995
Ms E.J. Spannenberg, Tel: 021 787 3657
23 October 2015