DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN CLERK
R171 069 – R248 781 per year, Level 06 (plus benefits)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
- Capture supplier details on supplier database and maintain a departmental supplier database
- Obtain quotations from suppliers on the departmental supplier database and Central Supplier Database using any appropriate sourcing method
- Assist users with drafting of terms of references (ToRs) and specifications for goods or services
- Compile request for bids/quotes and ensure that all relevant forms are attached
- Coordinate and attend briefing sessions to give clarity to prospective bidders on SCM processes in terms of SCM regulations
- Evaluate quotations and bids by applying the relevant PPPFA preference point system when applicable
- Ensure compliance to all SCM prescripts and Treasury regulations
- Capture awarded contracts on CRA
- Assess the performance of suppliers; notify unsuccessful bidders of the outcome of their quotations
- Perform all SCM responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- A relevant 3 year tertiary qualification in SCM, Finance or Public Administration or equivalent plus at least 1 year relevant working experience in the Supply Chain Management environment OR a Grade 12 or equivalent plus at least 2 years relevant working experience in the Supply Chain Management environment.
- Preference will be given to experience in Demand and Acquisition and Central Supplier Database.
- Skills required include LOGIS literacy, computer literacy (MS Word and MS Excel), planning, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of SCM procedures and policies, PFMA, PPPFA, National Treasury Regulations etc.
- An ability to work under pressure with less supervision.
*How to Apply:
Applications must be sent to: The Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, attention Ms J Mchunu, by mail to Private Bag X944, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered at 330 Grosvenor Street, Hatfield, Pretoria.
In connection with the applications kindly contact Ms J Mchunu, ☎ Tel: (012) 312- 0462 and in connection with the post, Mr M. Prinsloo at ☎ Tel: (012) 312-0417
30 September 2016 @ 12:00 pm