Department of Justice
Social Worker/Family Counsellor 5 Posts
*Ref No & Location:
- Ref No: 81/15/FA/WC: Office of the Family Advocate: Worcester X2
- Ref No: 80/15/FA/WC: Office of the family Advocate: Mitchells Plain X2
- Ref No: 79/15/FA/WC: Office of the Family Advocate: George X1
R183 495 – R417 918 per annum. (Salary will be in accordance with OSD determination). The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement
Key Performance Areas: Conduct mediation and/or inquiries as part of a multidisciplinary team in custody, access, guardianship, child abduction and related family law disputes; Evaluate information and compile forensic court reports and make recommendations to the best interest of children in family law disputes; Act as expert witness for the Family Advocate in Court; Network and conduct awareness campaigns regarding the functions and role of the Office of the Family Advocate; Travel to townships and rural areas to conduct inquiries and interview parties and source references in family law disputes; Report on the performance to the Head of Office.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification;
- A minimum of three (3) – thirty (30) years appropriate experience in Social Work after registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP;
- Registration with SA Council for Social Service Professional (SACSSP);
- Knowledge and experience in Mediation;
- Knowledge and application of Family Law, including Mediation in certain Divorce Matters Act, Children’s Act, Maintenance Act and Domestic Violence Act (inclusive Hague Convention on International Child Abduction);
- A valid drivers’ licence.
- Skills and Competencies: Computer literacy; Communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Mediation, Interviewing, conflict resolution, evaluation and report writing skills;
- Diversity and conflict management; Attention to detail.
*How to Apply:
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The Regional Head, Department of Justice, Private Bag X9171, Cape Town, 8000 OR Physical Address: Mezzanine Floor, Plein Park Building, Plein Street, Cape Town FOR ATTENTION : Mr L Keyster
Ms L Baartman at Tel: (021) 426 1216
29 June 2015
Candidates whose name appears on Part B of the child Protection Register as mandated by the Section 123 (5) of the Children’s Act, 2005 need not apply. Applicants are required to attach proof of registration with SACSSP and Service certificates of appropriate experience in Social work after registration as Social Worker with SACSSP should be attached.