PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: WESTERN CAPE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (WCED)
TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER: POMOLOGY
Department of Agriculture, Western Cape Government, Western Cape
R 119 154 per year, Level 04
- Monitoring and record keeping of pests and disease in orchard (pome fruit, stone fruit, citrus)
- Irrigation and basic maintenance of the irrigation system
- Calibration and maintenance of the irrigation equipment
- Application of specialized young tree development practices
- Assist occasionally with students practicals
Junior Certificate (Grade 10 or equivalent qualification).
A minimum of 3 years appropriate experience.
- Working knowledge of irrigation and basic maintenance of irrigation systems
- Working knowledge of data collection in experimental sites
- Working knowledge of the safe handling of agrochemicals
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
- Good organizing ability
*How to Apply:
Forward your manual application to, , TIA BIZ (Pty) Ltd t/a Business Doctors, Postnet Suite no. 200, Private Bag X3, Bloubergrant, 7443 or hand-deliver to TIA BIZ (Pty) Ltd t/a Business Doctors, Shop 3 (Postnet), Parklands Lifestyle Centre, Parklands Main Road, Parklands.
FOR ATTENTION : Theo/Sharon Steenkamp
Mr E Möiler
☎ Tel: (021) 808 5456
23 February 2017 @ 16:00
To apply, you may submit an online or manual application. If you submit a manual application, please complete an application form (Z 83) and current CV (5 pages maximum) together with certified copies of ID, Academic qualifications and proof of other requirements as indicated in the advertisement. The position being applied for and the reference number must be clearly indicated on the Z83 application form. Applications not submitted on or before the closing date as well as faxed or emailed applications will not be considered. If you have not received a response within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.