DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE
ADMINISTRATION CLERK: PRODUCTION
Documentation Centre (DOD Archive), Irene, Centurion
R152 862 per year, Level 05
- The duties of this post is to receive records transferred to the DOD Archive; process transferred records according to archival standards and procedures
- Retrieve archival records from storage areas for use by requesters
- Return retrieved archival records to correct storage areas
- Maintain prescribed control registers
- Compile monthly reports
- A minimum of Grade 12 (NQF Level 4).
- At least two years functional experience in record office / registry / archive environment.
- Fair knowledge of record office procedures, records and archive management procedures, especially storage and maintenance of records.
- Accredited courses with regards to records / archive / information / knowledge management; management and developmental training will be an advantage.
Special Requirements (Skills Needed):
Problem solving skills, ability to physically manage the processing and storage of records; communicate effectively verbally and in writing; proficiency in English and Afrikaans; planning and organising skills; computer skills (proficient in MS Word and Excel); understanding of archival and information related legislation (specifically the National Archives of South Africa Act, Act 43 of 1996 and the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 02 of 2002).
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, Command and Management Information Systems, Private Bag X161, Pretoria 0001 or may be hand-delivered to the Department of Defence, Armscor Building, Corner Nossob and Boeing Streets, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria.
Major Maloka, ☎ Tel: (012) 355 5116.
WO1 S.A. Macmaster, ☎ Tel: (012) 355 5670.
26 May 2017