Department of Defence, South Africa
Finance Clerks 21 Posts
Look at the location
- Chief Directorate Accounting, Directorate Stores, Services and Related Payments, Finance Accounting Service Centres (FASCs).
- FASC Grahamstown Ref No: CFO 15/1/5A
- 2X FASC Oudtshoorn Ref No: CFO 15/1/5B
- 3X FASC Waterkloof Ref No: CFO 15/1/5C
- 4X FASC Garrison Ref No: CFO 15/1/5D
- FASC Lohathla Ref No: CFO 15/1/5E
- 3X FASC Bloemfontein Ref No: CFO 15/1/5F
- FASC Kimberly Ref No: CFO 15/1/5G
- FASC Kroonstad Ref No: CFO 15/1/5H
- 1X FASC Hoedspruit Ref No: CFO 15/1/5I
- 2X FASC Durban Ref No: CFO 15/1/5J
- FASC Wonderboom Ref No: CFO 15/1/5K
- FASO Upington Ref No: CFO 15/1/5L
Salary: R123 738 per annum, Level 5
- Scrutinise, verify, register and couple medical and supplier invoices for payment.
Strictly apply policy, prescriptions and regulations.
- Detect and report on all irregularities.
- Safekeeping of payment and other accounting documentation for audit purposes.
- Utilise the Financial Management System (FMS) to regularly record all accounting transactions and do enquiries.
- Performing of cashier duties by paying out of cash advances, administering of claims on the Central Advance System and capturing of all related accounting transactions on the FMS.
- Recording, safekeeping and issuing of Face Value Documents (FVD) and updating the FVD System.
- Confirmation of TELKOM accounts.
- Administering of Paymaster General (PMG) account deposits and assisting with general administration and accounting functions at the FASC
- Grade 12 certificate with finance related subjects;
- Ability in understanding, interpreting and correctly applying of financial policy and prescripts.
- Basic knowledge of financial and accounting processes.
- Basic 10 knowledge of contract management or State Tender Board regulations and supply chain management process.
- Sound knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and Treasury Regulations as well as knowledge of Financial Management Systems will serve as strong recommendation.
- Computer literate in MS Office software packages.
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicate with clients.
- Decisive and persevering iro task finalisation.
- Permanent RSA citizen with no criminal record.
- The possession of a valid driver’s licence will be an advantage.
- Willing to be detached to Satellite Offices across geographical boundaries.
- Added advantage: Post Matric qualification in Finance and /or a minimum of one year relevant experience.
*How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted to: Financial Management Division, DFSS, Career Management Section, Privet Bag X 137,Pretoria, 0001 or applications may be hand-delivered to: Department of Defence, Poynton building, 195
Bosman Street, Pretoria where it must be placed in wooden post box 5 at Reception.
Note: Please use reference number not post number.
Ms C. Potgieter, tel: (012) 392-2893.
27 February 2015
The successful candidate will be required to complete all relevant courses.