PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATION: GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF E-GOVERNMENT
FORENSIC PATHOLOGY OFFICER GRADE 1
R138 138 per year (plus benefits)
- Effective and efficient recovery, storage and processing of bodies.
- Safe keeping of deceased, documents, evidence, information, exhibits and property from incidents scenes.
- Assist in rendering an efficient Forensic Autopsy process (which includes evisceration, scribing and typing) in accordance with set standards and guidelines by assisting the Forensic Pathologists in autopsies.
- Management of exhibits, specimens, specimen statements and reports including completion and administration of statements and documentation during and after the Forensic Pathology process.
- Maintenance of mortuary and equipment hygiene in terms of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Caring and kind interaction with bereaved families.
- Senior certificate/Grade 12 (Related experience in the Medico -legal field will be an added advantage).
- Relevant qualifications in the Medico Legal (health science) field will be an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s licence minimum Code C1 with Public Driver Permit (PDP) Basic computer skills (MS Word).
- Willingness to work with corpses (Mutilated, decomposed, infected with Infectious Disease).
- Willingness to work shift duties.
- Organizing and Planning, communication, time management and interpersonal skills. Basic knowledge regarding the Legislative Framework regulating Forensic Pathology Service.
- Commitment to the Principles of Batho Pele.
*How to Apply:
Application to be submitted on Z83 form, certified copies of Qualifications, curriculum vitae (CV) certified ID copy. Application must be submitted at Forensic Pathology Service, 11 Diagonal Street, 13 floor, reception or can be posted to Forensic Pathology Service, P O Box 7128, JOHANNESBURG, 2000 or apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za.
Ms Ina Botes
☎ Tel: (011) 403 7286
03 March 2017
Due to job inherent requirements of the post, shortlisted candidates will be subjected to computer literacy test (MS-Word, Excel PowerPoint) and driving skills test. Successful candidates will undergo: Medical screening to determine medical fitness due to the job inherent requirements and Security clearance check with the South African Police Service or other relevant State agencies.